British Columbia’s Prior Learning Action Plan
BC PLAN is a network of organizations and individuals. The like-minded indivuals who have come together from across the province to charter this new communication network comprise our steering committee. Together we promote increased access to post secondary credentials and skilled employment through the informed recognition of the skills and knowledge adults bring to post secondary institutions, to business, and to industries across the province.
What we do:
- Provide a communication network and learning community for practitioners and researchers
- Provide a networking community for public and private sector stakeholders and policy makers
- Promote informed practice by creating opportunities for professional development & training
- Promote increased respect and recognition for experiential learning by facilitating provincial partnership
- initiatives and by contributing to the development of a provincial PLAR strategy